Beauty at scrutiny
Beauty is born of novelty
And dies of banality
Beauty is born of rarity
And dies of disuse.
Beauty is born of formidability
And dies off familiarity.
Beauty is born of forbidden ness
And dies of togetherness.
Beauty is born in conquest
And dies of another conquest.
In net, beauty is born in one’s arrival
And dies in one’s overstaying.
A thing of a fresh one is a joy for ever.
Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beauty at scrutiny by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- I wish I was Blind, Reagan A. Latumbo
- Saint Michael, Saiom Shriver
- Reflections on Divorce, Phil Soar
- Mute Swan, Phil Soar
- Back Pockets, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- TENSED ACKNOWLEDEMENT, john chizoba vincent
- The Fly, Phil Soar
- Story Of Loneliness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sea, Phil Soar
- A Prayer For My Love, Michael P. McParland