Geetima Baruah Sarma
She engrosses her lovely name,
As the first spectator of the rising sun,
Her picturesque beauty conceals within,
If tourist destinations remain undone.
Mighty Siang River flows across her,
Also Lohit, Tirap, Kameng, Subansiri,
Amidst the valleys towards the plains,
To cultivate crops, produce electricity.
Bhalukpong on her foothills greets visitors,
Tipi attracts numerous orchid lovers,
Tawang Memorial salutes her war heroes,
Snow-clad Sela Pass delights travellers.
Itanagar is her capital and hornbill, the state bird,
'Apong', the local brew and 'chubas', the local dress,
Sanctuaries, monasteries, fair at Parasuram Kund,
'Losar', a festival and 'Ajilhamu', a colourful dance.
She's home to several major native tribes,
A house of exotic flora and endangered fauna,
An enlightening adventure to discerning trekkers,
A treasure-trove of natural scenic splendour.
[Published: 12 March 2011 in 'Spark' of 'The Arunachal Times']
Geetima Baruah Sarma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beautiful Arunachal by Geetima Baruah Sarma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- I Need A Reason To Live Your Dream, Asma Riaz Khan
- tera didar wo, Yashvardhan Goel
- My bloody heart!, Vinaya Joseph
- Cobwebs, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Gifts of Aging, Liilia Talts Morrison
- You Will...! ! !, Asma Riaz Khan
- Anjani Si Shikayat, Yashvardhan Goel
- Police station, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- dard sehkar bhi, Yashvardhan Goel
- Three Coins For Her Love, Pradip Chattopadhyay