Julia Ann Moore
Be Kind to the Little Ones
Air -- "He Folds Them on His Bosom''
Be kind to all little ones,
All fathers, mothers dear,
Be kind to your little ones,
Their little hearts to cheer.
For oh! you know not how soon
Their place will vacant be;
If God should call one to his home,
Your conscience would be free.
Their little forms are tender,
They're at your mercy now;
They need your kind attention
To watch them every hour.
While they are little infants,
My friends, take time to spare:
Do not forget an instant,
To give them tender care.
God, he never did intend
You to misuse your child;
Their little souls to you he sends
To bless you for awhile.
And if you always will be kind
To them, sweet little ones,
Oh! what a blessing you will find
In after years to come.
You never, never will repent,
Dear friend, for being kind;
Those little ones to you were sent,
And always bear in mind,
That God may call your little ones
And leave you here behind;
Oh! what a happy thought will come --
I always have been kind.
Julia Ann Moore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Be Kind to the Little Ones by Julia Ann Moore )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- December 2014, Serenity Anderson
- On the outside looking In, Angell Afinowi
- Totally Connected, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A Caged Bird, SAK Reddy
- A Deafness Too Excessive, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Generals Of War., Tony Adah
- Advice, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Out Of Hearing Distance, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Mirage, The Princess is
- Mysterious world I am poor human, Elius Rubby