Julia A Moore
A Departed Friend
He is sleeping, sounding sleeping
In the cold and silent tomb.
He is resting, sweetly resting
In perfect peace, all alone.
He has left us, God bereft us,
And his will must e'er be done,
It will grieve us, and bereave us
To think of this noble son.
While on earth he done his duty,
To all his fellow men,
Some will miss him in his of office,
Where he often used the pen.
He was witty, always happy,
Kind and genial in his way;
He was generous in his actions,
And his honor could display.
He has held many an office,
And has done his duty well;
And his name will be remembered
By the friends that knew him well.
Friends are weeping, softly weeping,
In his kind and loving home;
Let him slumber, sweetly slumber,
Till God calls him from the tomb.
Julia A Moore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Departed Friend by Julia A Moore )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
George Gordon Byron
(22 January 1788 – 19 April 1824)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I'm Explaining a Few Things, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Beyond Emerald City...(r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Many Buffalomen & The Bullock-cartmen To.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Raucous, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The resting place, Emmanuel George Cefai
- History writes, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Bihar of The Third-class People (Not All.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A chapel dilapidated, Emmanuel George Cefai
- And bell and a cock, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Notepad of joy, Emmanuel George Cefai
- There appeared A child, Emmanuel George Cefai