M.D Dinesh Nair
BAPTISM BY BLOOD
I saw a gathering
Of ten veiled faces and one thousand unveiled ones.
The ten were baptising the other
And it was a baptism by blood!
A man clad in plain cotton cloth and
Another one clad in red baptised thirty miliion by turns
A man clad in saffron and a man in green baptised fifty million next.
And the lone woman baptised sixty million next.
I saw a mother lying dead by the two infants born to her*
They had no identical semblance between them!
I saw a man with a pink veil baptising twenty five million and
His cunning big brother sprinkling blood on their fifty million brethren.
I saw the other three men standing apart from one another
But they were baptising the remnant gathering of hundreds of million.
Blood was running every where after the baptism
And another Jordan started rushing forth!
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
*The present Indian State Andhra Pradesh being bifurcated.
Comments about this poem (BAPTISM BY BLOOD by M.D Dinesh Nair )
Did you read them?
- Nursery rhyme - Dynosaur, S.D. TIWARI
- The darkness, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Beautiful Soup, Lewis Carroll
- Afternoon in School The Last Lesson, David Herbert Lawrence
- The Nature of Sorrow, Karan Patade
- Ms. butterfly, Kenneth Maswabi
- From 'A Severe Lack of Holiday Spirit', Amy Gerstler
- Keep It Simple, hugh everard
- Mental Fixity, Abhinav Baruah
- The Ballad of the 'Clampherdown', Banjo Paterson
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Lament for Zenocrate, Christopher Marlowe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Blind But Seeing Eye, Eleanor Best
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning