I see your smoke curling up
your tiny flame trembles
black in the center
what heat can you bring?
can you light my way?
what lies in the shadows
just outside my pool of light?
I will not be frightened
I will creep and tip-toe and sneak in the night
you my only light
melting, hot and liquid
light my path
that I will tread
till my hardy light goes out
a lump of wax all that remains of my journey
'How many miles to Babylon?
Three score miles and ten.
Can I get there by candle-light?
Yes, and back again.
If your heels are nimble and light,
You may get there by candle-light.'
Tsunami HiroshiSu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Babylon Candle by Tsunami HiroshiSu )
- Never Feeling Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- To The Gates Of Hell, Edward Kofi Louis
- The house where the wife lives like an i.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Ek Lafz Ek Rishta, Bano Ali
- THE PATRIOT, Justice Uchenna Mmahi
- fortress of solutude, ademola oluwabusayo
- Never Feeling The Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Change Is Needed, Edward Kofi Louis
- How Can She Learn?, Edward Kofi Louis
- Intimate Conclusions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak