Baby in the bathwater
When my son Sergio takes a bath,
The water is never still.
He thinks that he is in
a fishbowl, and dives
underneath the rim of the
After the warm bath
water reaches flood level stages,
we turn off the faucet.
He lies on his back,
two ears tucked down
below the surface of the water.
He asks that I wash his feet.
He throws them both
towards the direction of my face.
They are so small, like a bar of hotel soap.
His toes are attached to his feet,
five little beads of pearls.
He sticks out his hand
and I pour several drops of shampoo.
He throws it in
the air and then laughs.
And come to think of it,
I almost forgot
what it was like
to take a bath.
Oscar Mireles's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Baby in the bathwater by Oscar Mireles )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Just one kiss, Kelly Curiel
- I love you to the moon and back, Petai Jirakongpipat
- jewel in crown of hell, ademola oluwabusayo
- prostitution, ademola oluwabusayo
- A Young Girl Is A Source of Inspiration,.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- nose dive, jerome moore
- a piece of apple browning and skin peeli.., jerome moore
- Wounded Roses Sing by I.H.Rizvi, Bijay Kant Dubey
- to woo, Zmz Gbzn
- Parting Wish By Vijay Vishal, Bijay Kant Dubey