Baby in the bathwater
When my son Sergio takes a bath,
The water is never still.
He thinks that he is in
a fishbowl, and dives
underneath the rim of the
After the warm bath
water reaches flood level stages,
we turn off the faucet.
He lies on his back,
two ears tucked down
below the surface of the water.
He asks that I wash his feet.
He throws them both
towards the direction of my face.
They are so small, like a bar of hotel soap.
His toes are attached to his feet,
five little beads of pearls.
He sticks out his hand
and I pour several drops of shampoo.
He throws it in
the air and then laughs.
And come to think of it,
I almost forgot
what it was like
to take a bath.
Poet Other Poems
- A “Z” is more then the last letter of th...
- Assasination Day
- Baby in the bathwater
- B-I-N-G-O is not a four letter word
- College wrestling my freshmen year
- Courage is setting yourself free
- Diego’s mom takes bonding lessons in a h...
- Diego’s ninety day follow-up check in
- Divorce is one of the easier reasons to ...
- Eightyfive pound Racine Junior High Scho...
- Electronic Touching
- Eyewitness to shooting that could have b...
- Fathers Day Poem (...a day late...)
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.