Autumn Thoughts, Sent Far Away
We share all these disappointments of failing
autumn a thousand miles apart. This is where
autumn wind easily plunders courtyard trees,
but the sorrows of distance never scatter away.
Swallow shadows shake out homeward wings.
Orchid scents thin, drifting from old thickets.
These lovely seasons and fragrant years falling
lonely away— we share such emptiness here.
Bai Juyi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Autumn Thoughts, Sent Far Away by Bai Juyi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Father of a Diabetic Child, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Market Women: Lake Toba, Karen Swenson
- What Does A Woman Want, Karen Swenson
- Time is, Nassy Fesharaki
- Being lonely, Nitin Mukesh
- Kalighat In Calcutta, Karen Swenson
- I Want To Cry, LAURA EGGEBRECHT
- My Heart seems to be A Stepping Stone, LAURA EGGEBRECHT
- The Tears In Your Eyes, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Inside My Heart is Dying, LAURA EGGEBRECHT