Autumn was first seen from the
Lens of slumber,
Frozen on the lane of thoughts
For the living-dead.
Framed on the loose, huge secretions
The womb of Autumn, slack and grey,
Let fall the perched maple leaves,
(Borrowing the yellowness of northern
Diseases and the redness of a soutenuer's eyes -
A russet of assessment)
The confetti of rhyming seasons.
Autumn is a wayward season.
With her blooming confetti,
Sex reclines on the brain,
Bringing to the fore,
The accoutrements of sexdom.
The portal of Autumn opens
And widens, forming raucous
Sterling sound to remind us of the
Promise of Autumn -
Lonesome - and
Drenching the spittle of lust.
Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Autumn by Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu )
- what is kinte, kinte allah
- Peace Inside, Spiritwind Wood
- how far can i go on?, fareeha ghafoor
- I came to you, Gert Strydom
- The days that are past, Gert Strydom
- When morning is BEST, Antonio Liao
- clear color, Howard MacDougall
- A festival...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- A Young Boy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- GOD'S COMMAND, Tom Zart