Autumn was first seen from the
Lens of slumber,
Frozen on the lane of thoughts
For the living-dead.
Framed on the loose, huge secretions
The womb of Autumn, slack and grey,
Let fall the perched maple leaves,
(Borrowing the yellowness of northern
Diseases and the redness of a soutenuer's eyes -
A russet of assessment)
The confetti of rhyming seasons.
Autumn is a wayward season.
With her blooming confetti,
Sex reclines on the brain,
Bringing to the fore,
The accoutrements of sexdom.
The portal of Autumn opens
And widens, forming raucous
Sterling sound to remind us of the
Promise of Autumn -
Lonesome - and
Drenching the spittle of lust.
Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Autumn by Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Days When The Darkness Is Greater Than T.., Shalom Freedman
- STORM IN A TEACUP, Philo Yan
- Never take anybody, gajanan mishra
- All one, gajanan mishra
- The ignorant, gajanan mishra
- Poetry For I. H. Rizvi, Bijay Kant Dubey
- If Any Sense Is Attempted To Be Made, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Just one kiss, Kelly Curiel
- I love you to the moon and back, Petai Jirakongpipat
- jewel in crown of hell, ademola oluwabusayo