At The Request Of My Students While Teaching Wordsworth's Daffodils
You asked me
To write for you- for all of you
Something joyous as dancing Daffodils....!
When I'm abed or all at rest
My eyelids closed
I see a crowd over my inward screen,
Though not 'ten thousands at a glance'
But in counted numbers-
A crowd of my sweet students-
With golden glitters
On your foreheads-
A sign of glory- far more a beauty
Than of dancing Daffodils;
So many daffodils bloom
As I see in your innocence-
More blither I feel than Daffodils' joyance.
That wait for Spring
To get that Glory that's momentary.
But you make by your own
So many Springs daily.
So many daffodils bloom within my bosom
When I see- Upto the far-fetched horizon of Futurity.
Then nothing I see but this golden blossom
The more golden blossom to glow forever
Than these sprinkled flowers-
These short-existing Daffodils.
Composed on 26 Feb 2009
Vivek Tiwari's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (At The Request Of My Students While Teaching Wordsworth's Daffodils by Vivek Tiwari )
- Bottled and Guarded the Overberg Story, Jenny Santiago
- हमारा घर हमारा भारत, MIRTUNJAY KUMAR
- Lampost, Naveed Khalid
- Tablet Of Simurgh, Naveed Khalid
- My Chamber of the Great Escape, Jenny Santiago
- To The Moon I, Naveed Khalid
- Where I want to be, Jenny Santiago
- Beehive, Naveed Khalid
- Purgatory, Naveed Khalid
- I seek, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Ballad of Gentleness, Geoffrey Chaucer
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Being With You, Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)