Lawrence S. Pertillar (February/'47 / Connecticut, USA)
At A Picked Victim's Expense
Should be no excuse to use,
When one seems to be conscious...
Of abusing another,
In a domestic dispute.
No one drugged and discovered guilty of it,
Should be allowed easy access...
With empathy from others given.
Since there are just too many today,
Making attempts to escape from being adults.
Delusion is intoxicating with overwhelming evidence of it.
And too many addicted with it are dismissed.
As they are observed but not admitted to be mentally sick.
Although representing an indulged society,
Committed to denial and at a picked victim's expense.
Poet Other Poems
- ' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your R...
- $10 a Gallon?
- $5 a Barrel of What?
- (Further Away) From The Year Two Thousan...
- (The) Benefit of Needless Conflict
- (The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
- (The) Bigger Lie
- (The) Depthness of This Kind of Introsp...
- (The) Fate of Fatal Lovers
- (The) Budding Grace of April
- ...and 'now' I lay me down to sleep
- '...I feel like I've been robbed! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.