The Queen's Dagger
You are there when he is not.
He wanders away,
but next to me, you stay.
I thought I loved him,
you are proving me to be wrong.
I can't wait for him so long.
I know you will always be here,
you'll stay by my side.
You'll hold your arms open wide.
I never know when he will be here,
he'll come and he'll go.
He promises, but I just don't know.
I need assurance,
but that is something that
only you can give.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Assurance by The Queen's Dagger )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1886 - 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
Queen Elizabeth I
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Tonight at Noon (for Charles Mingus and .., Adrian Henri
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Toll of human safety., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- I am not ready to say I am unfortunate, gajanan mishra
- Yesterday's Snow, Marilyn Lott
- Ego, Denise Duhamel
- Life and Heaven, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Rain Song, Khaled Mattawa
- Childhood Stories, Matthew Rohrer
- Christmas, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- My Pretty Rose Tree, Luo Zhihai
- What the Body Told, Rafael Campo