Ascending To Heaven
When poets pen their brand new rhymes,
The ink anoints each page,
Each holy word to Heaven climbs,
Ascending at that stage,
On thermals to God's Throne,
The Father shares them with the Son,
So all their wisdom's known...
Some poems please them oh so much
They're shared with angels, too,
As if each felt the Master's touch,
Proclaimed His point of view...
Perhaps you wrote that Jesus bled,
That each soul's saved by Him!
Perhaps your poem's framed and read
By saints and seraphim!
If not, maybe you're not that good,
You haven't yet excelled,
But let's suppose one day you could,
Your poem then beheld...
What wondrous thoughts inspire those
Who please the Lord above?
Till your turn comes, God only knows
The poems He will love...
Denis Martindale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Hear the word of the Lord on Revelation TV,
on Sky, Freeview HD, or the Roku box, or
visit the website revelationtv-dot-com
Comments about this poem (Ascending To Heaven by Denis Martindale )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- War Again!, John Ugolo Umah
- Turn And Whine, John Ugolo Umah
- Black Soil, John Ugolo Umah
- Dance Away...., Diana Euyoque
- What I Want From This Crazy Place, Lucy Dowlingbrown
- In Dreams I Prefer To Be, Rohit Sapra
- Treasure Chest Of Our Soul, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Where the mind is free, Praveen Gola
- Freedom Of Creativity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- City of Gardens, Akhtar Jawad