Ascending To Heaven
When poets pen their brand new rhymes,
The ink anoints each page,
Each holy word to Heaven climbs,
Ascending at that stage,
On thermals to God's Throne,
The Father shares them with the Son,
So all their wisdom's known...
Some poems please them oh so much
They're shared with angels, too,
As if each felt the Master's touch,
Proclaimed His point of view...
Perhaps you wrote that Jesus bled,
That each soul's saved by Him!
Perhaps your poem's framed and read
By saints and seraphim!
If not, maybe you're not that good,
You haven't yet excelled,
But let's suppose one day you could,
Your poem then beheld...
What wondrous thoughts inspire those
Who please the Lord above?
Till your turn comes, God only knows
The poems He will love...
Denis Martindale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Hear the word of the Lord on Revelation TV,
on Sky, Freeview HD, or the Roku box, or
visit the website revelationtv-dot-com
Comments about this poem (Ascending To Heaven by Denis Martindale )
- Twilight Glow, Antonio Liao
- Halloween Riddle, Michelle Claus
- Not with me today, hasmukh amathalal
- Hobbesian Girl, John F. McCullagh
- Outlook, hasmukh amathalal
- Of Sinne, John Beaumont
- Forgive Me, Ismim Putera
- A Monster's Warning, Bruce Larkin
- Of Teares, John Beaumont
- Advice from the Jackalope Man, Bruce Larkin
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)