'As Passion Burns...'
As passion burns, the electric energy between us
Is felt by both.
Finally, I feast my eyes upon you-
In the flesh.
I touch your face, your lips, and gaze into your
big brown eyes-
The moment is lost within our dreams, as if destiny…
Fate… has finally given us this gift
Even though we only have a short while to explore all the dreams
and possibilities that have been gifted to us…
We waste no time with pleasantries.
And that kiss launches a fire that consumes
our hearts, escapes our breath, and touches us to the very core
of our soul.
It’s time to soar into the southwestern sun…
Time to take that ride.
And we begin.
Kelly Seale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('As Passion Burns...' by Kelly Seale )
- The Truest Love., Achill Ladd
- Points made between waves, Mark Heathcote
- ignus fatuus or sketches of my past?, Mandolyn ...
- Black Wings, Lilly Emery
- United we Stand Divided we fall, Aftab Alam
- Beauty, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Come Home, Richard Provencher
- Like our dream, Aftab Alam
- A puppet in times hand, Aftab Alam
- Nature's arts., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)