'As Passion Burns...'
As passion burns, the electric energy between us
Is felt by both.
Finally, I feast my eyes upon you-
In the flesh.
I touch your face, your lips, and gaze into your
big brown eyes-
The moment is lost within our dreams, as if destiny…
Fate… has finally given us this gift
Even though we only have a short while to explore all the dreams
and possibilities that have been gifted to us…
We waste no time with pleasantries.
And that kiss launches a fire that consumes
our hearts, escapes our breath, and touches us to the very core
of our soul.
It’s time to soar into the southwestern sun…
Time to take that ride.
And we begin.
Kelly Seale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('As Passion Burns...' by Kelly Seale )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
Elinor Morton Wylie
(7 September 1885 – 16 December 1928)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(15 April 1958)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- 입싸방은아메센터jh, hthrth fdghfh
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stafford's Cabin, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale