'As Passion Burns...'
As passion burns, the electric energy between us
Is felt by both.
Finally, I feast my eyes upon you-
In the flesh.
I touch your face, your lips, and gaze into your
big brown eyes-
The moment is lost within our dreams, as if destiny…
Fate… has finally given us this gift
Even though we only have a short while to explore all the dreams
and possibilities that have been gifted to us…
We waste no time with pleasantries.
And that kiss launches a fire that consumes
our hearts, escapes our breath, and touches us to the very core
of our soul.
It’s time to soar into the southwestern sun…
Time to take that ride.
And we begin.
Kelly Seale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('As Passion Burns...' by Kelly Seale )
- How Deep Is Your Love Towards Me?, Edward Kofi Louis
- Muse, love, joy!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Shibah, Edward Kofi Louis
- Leaves, Clive Blake
- From The Summit, Edward Kofi Louis
- Love And Unity, Edward Kofi Louis
- Trick or Treat, David Lewis Paget
- My childhood, qin xing
- Really Cancerous, RAJESH.C BOSE
- Prestiage, Vishal Sharma
Poem of the Day
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- fitration bags, rwetewrt erwtwer
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Carpe Diem, William Shakespeare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(9 April 1821 – 31 August 1867)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)