Are You Here?
You rise in the morning, and you wonder where I am,
You go to bed and lie there wondering if life is just a sham.
As you drift off to sleep, you see me, but not my identity
You hold me close in your dreams, wake alone, such a pity.
You want to cry because you don't understand why.
Life continues, but so unfair, why should you continue to try
To find the soul mate who has ever alluded your attempts to be found
Why does this one part of life have to be so profound.
Others live in perfect harmony with the one true love
So you wonder if you overlooked me, or if I even exist
And your heart sinks deep into the blackest abyss.
Can you see yourself in my words and thoughts?
Do you know that actually, I am just as lost.
I thought I had really found you so many times
Only to find that I would always be left behind.
Disappointment has flourished in my heart
And left me wanting you right from the start.
But alas, I have found, you do not exist in real
No matter how much I want you with all my zeal
So, on the morrow I will stop thinking of you and all I want
And begin to live in the 'now' no longer to let you haunt
My soul and my heart as I try to adjust to reality
Knowing I am forever alone and without you.
Through the world that is so virtual and unreal
Even when it is people who sit behind keyboards and feel.
Goodbye my love who never was
Now I soar to ease my soul way up above.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Are You Here? by (De Va) )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Exception Perception Has, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- You Know, Whats-his-name, Lawrence Beck
- Isis: Syria and Iraq, do something!, Rachel Nichols
- THE POOR PEOPLE AND THEIR POVERTY الفقرا.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I PROMISE, Poet Akinwemimo Idris
- The Spyders, David Lewis Paget
- Monsoon., David Lessard
- Unprepared, Disrespectful 'and' Undiscip.., Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Summer Nights, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)
- THE PRETTY SEASONS AND THE PRETTY ROCK O.., MOHAMMAD SKATI