Are You Here?
You rise in the morning, and you wonder where I am,
You go to bed and lie there wondering if life is just a sham.
As you drift off to sleep, you see me, but not my identity
You hold me close in your dreams, wake alone, such a pity.
You want to cry because you don't understand why.
Life continues, but so unfair, why should you continue to try
To find the soul mate who has ever alluded your attempts to be found
Why does this one part of life have to be so profound.
Others live in perfect harmony with the one true love
So you wonder if you overlooked me, or if I even exist
And your heart sinks deep into the blackest abyss.
Can you see yourself in my words and thoughts?
Do you know that actually, I am just as lost.
I thought I had really found you so many times
Only to find that I would always be left behind.
Disappointment has flourished in my heart
And left me wanting you right from the start.
But alas, I have found, you do not exist in real
No matter how much I want you with all my zeal
So, on the morrow I will stop thinking of you and all I want
And begin to live in the 'now' no longer to let you haunt
My soul and my heart as I try to adjust to reality
Knowing I am forever alone and without you.
Through the world that is so virtual and unreal
Even when it is people who sit behind keyboards and feel.
Goodbye my love who never was
Now I soar to ease my soul way up above.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Are You Here? by (De Va) )
- Haiku- Anchor, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Luna Plena, Mihaela Pirjol
- I Sink Inside You, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Buddy, Francie Lynch
- Love (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
- some thing about you, akash mazumdar
- Shanghai breeze (I), Cigeng Zhang
- thinkings, akash mazumdar
- Momentous Days, Francie Lynch
- Haiku- Riddle, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)