Are we really celebrating Jesus birthday?
Christmas is not about massive amount of money spent
Christmas is about the birth of Jesus Christ
Many at Christmas seek to keep up the works of the Devil
But Jesus came to destroy the works of the devil.
Christmas is about God's free gift of eternal life
Its not an opportunity for greed, lust, gluttony and drunkuness
Its a Wonderful Time for the World's Afflicted and Starving Poor
Christmas is not the season of alcohol parties and worldly entertainment
Christmas is the season for peace on earth, loving and forgiving
Santa Clause is not a hero of the Christmas
But the Jesus Christ is the Hero of Christmas!
Santa Clause doesn’t bring unlimited amounts of goodness and gifts to the world
But scripture says that all good things come only from God
Jesus Christ was God’s Gift to the entire world
Christmas is not about Commercialization focused on spending, wrapping, giving, visiting and other merrymaking
Christmas is about the time of healing, renewed strength and salvation.
Christmas is not about materialism forced to purchase expensive gifts when you can't make ends meet.
Christmas is the time of year to be thankful to God for giving us a chance to have a new life by accepting His Son into our lives so we may live with love and righteousness and inherit eternal life with Him forever.
Shaila Touchton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Are we really celebrating Jesus birthday? by Shaila Touchton )
- Limerick-1(GIRL-FRIEND OR GRANNY), Saheb Mohapatra
- Question Of Faith, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- So Into Grief, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- What's The Use?, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Little Taquerias, Gouda Moon
- She's a Taxicab, Gouda Moon
- Fire-Flies, Saheb Mohapatra
- honneur, xxx xxx
- Take a bit less, gajanan mishra
- Right To Die, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Friendship, Sumita Datta
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(17 June 1867 – 2 September 1922)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)