Are we really celebrating Jesus birthday?
Christmas is not about massive amount of money spent
Christmas is about the birth of Jesus Christ
Many at Christmas seek to keep up the works of the Devil
But Jesus came to destroy the works of the devil.
Christmas is about God's free gift of eternal life
Its not an opportunity for greed, lust, gluttony and drunkuness
Its a Wonderful Time for the World's Afflicted and Starving Poor
Christmas is not the season of alcohol parties and worldly entertainment
Christmas is the season for peace on earth, loving and forgiving
Santa Clause is not a hero of the Christmas
But the Jesus Christ is the Hero of Christmas!
Santa Clause doesn’t bring unlimited amounts of goodness and gifts to the world
But scripture says that all good things come only from God
Jesus Christ was God’s Gift to the entire world
Christmas is not about Commercialization focused on spending, wrapping, giving, visiting and other merrymaking
Christmas is about the time of healing, renewed strength and salvation.
Christmas is not about materialism forced to purchase expensive gifts when you can't make ends meet.
Christmas is the time of year to be thankful to God for giving us a chance to have a new life by accepting His Son into our lives so we may live with love and righteousness and inherit eternal life with Him forever.
Shaila Touchton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Are we really celebrating Jesus birthday? by Shaila Touchton )
- The abrupt end., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Native land., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Believe in Yourself Worth, Lilly Emery
- Odd One Out, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Do without It, Anirudh Rawat
- Don't Be Afraid, Lilly Emery
- Be, Andy Caldwell
- Tree saplings., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Thank You, Tandin Dorji
- May Peace Prevail, Cathy Hodgson
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)