Are There Rules?
Who made the rules
are there any rules?
If there is
can you show me.
I'll read them
i'll study them
and I'll accept them
but then I will break them
but thats if there is any rules.
I can't find any rules
I dont care if it doesnt make sense
I dont care if you dont like it
it doesnt bother me if you think it sucks
or that its not supposed to be that way.
I'm not trying to be the best
it's not a competition
if there is
i'll keep it to myself
why should i bother trying to be the best
I dont care if i'm not that good
nobody made the rules
no rules, nothing to break
I want to get better
and some day i will, hopefully.
This is what i want to do
this is what i like to do
stop holding it down
stop holding it down with rules.
because i'll just break them.
Steven Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Are There Rules? by Steven Harris )
- Treasured days..., David Lessard
- The body of my Temple lays unswept;, David McLansky
- Feral Mother, Robert Rorabeck
- An Unborn Child, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Euthanasia of Airplanes, Robert Rorabeck
- Spindrels of Cornucopia, Robert Rorabeck
- it's the little things that make love big, Mandolyn ...
- Time Frozen, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Time To Crash, Michael McParland
- Poetry Delivers, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)