Are There Rules?
Who made the rules
are there any rules?
If there is
can you show me.
I'll read them
i'll study them
and I'll accept them
but then I will break them
but thats if there is any rules.
I can't find any rules
I dont care if it doesnt make sense
I dont care if you dont like it
it doesnt bother me if you think it sucks
or that its not supposed to be that way.
I'm not trying to be the best
it's not a competition
if there is
i'll keep it to myself
why should i bother trying to be the best
I dont care if i'm not that good
nobody made the rules
no rules, nothing to break
I want to get better
and some day i will, hopefully.
This is what i want to do
this is what i like to do
stop holding it down
stop holding it down with rules.
because i'll just break them.
Steven Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Are There Rules? by Steven Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Miley Cyrus Perceived as a Martyr, A.j. Binash
- love became living again, Mandolyn ...
- Uncontained Sadness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Structure, Fiona McCullough
- Battles Of The Inner Child, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Multiplying Loneliness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- This Is Such A Pity, Electric Lady
- What Happen To Love, Lilly Emery
- The Judges Lied, Tony Adah
- Empty Passages, RoseAnn V. Shawiak