Lawrence S. Pertillar
Appearances Of Weakness
It is not a weakness to express,
Heartfelt emotion to expose its depth.
In tears shown to drip from eyes.
Or in confessions made to get off their chests.
And these are the people others consider to be weak.
However, appearances of weakness is not in their reach.
Only those still going through roleplay poses,
To perceive with taught beliefs they keep...
Are those who accept that deceiving themselves,
With ambitions kept to impress others...
Can not or will not project a direct honesty.
Although to gossip behind someone's back,
For many is a normality with a doing of that daily.
For whatever the reason...
Trustworthy people seem to be at a minimum.
Yet more of the 'others' want to prove their strength,
By pretending they have no weaknesses.
Although lieing to themselves is what that is.
'Those who show tears are weak.'
~And those who don't are what?
~Then what category do you put those,
Who have proven their strength...
And still can expose emotion,
With a showing of their tears?
Where do you fit these 'misfit' expressions.~
'I just know women do things,
Men aren't suppose to do? '
~And you learned this correctness of etiquette,
TV? The movies?
Or from some tribal ritual? ~
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Appearances Of Weakness by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- The theme is flight, Patricia Spears Jones
- Son Cubano, Patricia Spears Jones
- After Many Years (Tanka), Mihaela Pirjol
- I live and I, gajanan mishra
- Crime & War, Dean Meredith
- This world is messy, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Barriers Within, Namita Sawant
- Ma mate kahuchhi, gajanan mishra
- The New Watch, Terence Murphy
- My mother is telling me, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)