I lost my way when I went to town alone
I realized all the horrible things I've done
To you. I thought I find someone just like your clone
Again. But I end up lost with no one to call my own
I've realized I'm alone trying to find the way,
I lost myself, when you went away.
I searched, but couldn't find my way.
I may never get home again.
I kept a vigil trying to let bygone be bygone,
But could not forget the things you won't condone.
Though I tried very hard to atone,
Yet In your heart, I you dethrone.
I take back those words I said.
It hurts to know your heart I mislaid.
Please do not let my entire plea gainsaid.
Don't let the cord that us bind unbraid.
Let us return to where we went our ways.
Retrace our steps to our special doorway.
Though we might have gone faraway
Apart, May all our mistakes fadeaway
Dave BenOdafe's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Apology by Dave BenOdafe )
- I felt my heart going boom, boom, boom, Erato
- The Good Thieves, Peter Jay Shippy
- Villanelle, Peter Jay Shippy
- First comes a riddle, Ahmed Tawfik
- My Father was a Farmer: A Ballad, Robert Burns
- It's Hard to Imagine That Nothing At All.., Peter Jay Shippy
- How cruel are the parents, Robert Burns
- Things change, Ahmed Tawfik
- Lines to an Old Sweetheart, Robert Burns
- To Miss Ferrier, enclosing Elegy on Sir .., Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns