I lost my way when I went to town alone
I realized all the horrible things I've done
To you. I thought I find someone just like your clone
Again. But I end up lost with no one to call my own
I've realized I'm alone trying to find the way,
I lost myself, when you went away.
I searched, but couldn't find my way.
I may never get home again.
I kept a vigil trying to let bygone be bygone,
But could not forget the things you won't condone.
Though I tried very hard to atone,
Yet In your heart, I you dethrone.
I take back those words I said.
It hurts to know your heart I mislaid.
Please do not let my entire plea gainsaid.
Don't let the cord that us bind unbraid.
Let us return to where we went our ways.
Retrace our steps to our special doorway.
Though we might have gone faraway
Apart, May all our mistakes fadeaway
Dave BenOdafe's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Apology by Dave BenOdafe )
- My Home, Fatima Nusairat
- Strength is POWER!, Rosa. L Tenezaca
- With love at once, hasmukh amathalal
- Through A Puppet's Eyes (2), Dilantha Gunawardana
- Illusion perpetuates., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love inspired meetings inspire, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Autumn, Deborah Kelley
- Fear of God?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Keep On Groovin', Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Benefits For Them Do Not Exist, Lawrence S. Pertillar
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(22 March 1941 -)