Angel far away
You're my angel far away in another land
Reflections of you come in words of a song
Emotions cry day and night to hold your hand
And the silent dream lives on to become strong.
You are an angel of love sent into my dream,
Enthuse my being with fire aflame in my soul
Make me clean wash by the eternal stream
And hide me within from the stains of world.
For the gold you're holding can make me whole
Take me to your throne to find that illusive crown,
Ambition driven wild by the pursuit in my soul
Flown on clouds to another town may call my own.
Far away from this terrain where you too are alone
To embrace the bliss we have tasted in my dream
And see the stars pointing the way to a new home
Gather the rewards to build a bridge of stone.
Sown like seeds in the land by faith we perceived
Summer flakes where sunny crystals gates gleam,
Brighter images esteemed the open mind conceived
The glow of your halo reflects in the eternal stream.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Angel far away by Gerry Legister )
Did you read them?
- Drawing Inspiration, Tony Adah
- Bumblebees Bibbing, Saiom Shriver
- Tum Muze Kaha Pyar Dete Ho, ravipal bharshankar
- When He's Not Here, Lora Colon
- Charlotte Old Times (The Cure), B.. Alexander
- Cardinal flower, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Down the Memory Lane, Valsa George
- I Miss You, Viola Hughes
- Little Grass, wasim Akram
- Silence of graveyard, ramesh rai