Angel far away
You're my angel far away in another land
Reflections of you come in words of a song
Emotions cry day and night to hold your hand
And the silent dream lives on to become strong.
You are an angel of love sent into my dream,
Enthuse my being with fire aflame in my soul
Make me clean wash by the eternal stream
And hide me within from the stains of world.
For the gold you're holding can make me whole
Take me to your throne to find that illusive crown,
Ambition driven wild by the pursuit in my soul
Flown on clouds to another town may call my own.
Far away from this terrain where you too are alone
To embrace the bliss we have tasted in my dream
And see the stars pointing the way to a new home
Gather the rewards to build a bridge of stone.
Sown like seeds in the land by faith we perceived
Summer flakes where sunny crystals gates gleam,
Brighter images esteemed the open mind conceived
The glow of your halo reflects in the eternal stream.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Angel far away by Gerry Legister )
- For you, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Fourth Of July, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Nourished by melting ice, Mark Heathcote
- Matty Matter Man, Maor Lain
- Can't...Can't...Can't, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Fiction And Storytelling, Dexsta Ray
- ! Infamous Disgrace (PH Advertising Comm.., Alice Vedral Rivera
- The Real Of Me!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Smudged Black Kohal, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- The Journey #1, Heather Burns
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)