r james sterzinger
Andrew Wyeth, Painter, Dies at 91. for Jack London, for M
Twenty-two below zero
Has been for two days.
The snow wraps you in,
Like a bride that has had second,
Maybe third guesses
'This marriage is not a good idea
This child may be stillborn
I have been cheated out of my youth'.
It is a natural succumbing to grief
The trees are not green
No endless possibilities.
Will not survive this cold
Are better to not have existed at all.
Too little light too little day
The landscape is cold
Dead and tired.
No painter's palate
It is the dead of winter.
Andrew Wyeth, Painter, Dies at 91
Says the New York Times.
My tea kettle
Cries with grief!
r james sterzinger's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Andrew Wyeth, Painter, Dies at 91. for Jack London, for M by r james sterzinger )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Jesus And Gandhi: South And North Of Sam.., Saiom Shriver
- I Remember, Ronald Chapman
- The Flash Of The Brahman, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Chick Coalition, Saiom Shriver
- it's no surprise i'm weeping, just a lit.., Mandolyn ...
- Culmination, Angell Afinowi
- A Flowers Telling of Orpheus, Skyler Ryan
- West, GRANT FRASER
- Hurricane Kaitlyn, Bernard Snyder
- Old Breath, GRANT FRASER