PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
An Odd Adventure....
Years back when flood paid a ritual visit
to our low lying area, amidst common suffering
I had a chance to have a unique adventure!
The swamp nearby looked a makeshift sea.
I had the first boat ride in the grey water body!
The vision around was not at all inviting;
The sky was watching us with a sulky face.
The oar-boy was my distant neighbor.
He was wielding a thin bamboo pole quite adeptly
in the deep dirty water to make the boat go ahead.
While passing by the heads of the jute plants jutted out
from the watery clutch of the flood water, a shiver
ran down my backbone at the dreadful sight of many snakes
desperately cuddling up to the protruded jute heads.
Our boat skirted past this fearful stretch and it was more horrible
to be in the middle of huge rains pumped known-unknown sea!
I now told him in rather feeble voice that we better be back...
During the return the land dotted with half-drowned houses
and some daring tree tops made the sight very pity.
I shall never forget this kind of odd adventure.
PARTHA SARATHI PAUL's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Odd Adventure.... by PARTHA SARATHI PAUL )
- All Things Nice, Tania Montgomery
- Love is a Sad and Sorry Chameleon, Hebert Logerie
- Love Thru Poetic Passion, Sandra Feldman
- The Ocean's Gates, Brandt Nightingale
- Tribute to the King, Tania Montgomery
- Abyss, Donald R Charon
- Ode to the Busker, Tania Montgomery
- I have forgotten who I am, gajanan mishra
- Love is a liquid ~~~ vs.56, Mr. Nobody Nothing
- HE IS A MAN, Donald R Charon
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Eldorado, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- To Someone Special On PoemHunter, Electric Lady
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Night Has A Thousand Eyes, Francis William Bourdillon
- Cleanliness and Happiness, chandra thiagarajan
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Ono no Komachi
(c. 825—c. 900))
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)