Amoretti XXII: This Holy Season
This holy season, fit to fast and pray,
Men to devotion ought to be inclin'd:
Therefore I likewise on so holy day,
For my sweet saint some service fit will find.
Her temple fair is built within my mind,
In which her glorious image placed is,
On which my thoughts do day and night attend,
Like sacred priests that never think amiss.
There I to her as th' author of my bliss,
Will build an altar to appease her ire:
And on the same my heart will sacrifice,
Burning in flames of pure and chaste desire:
The which vouchsafe, O goddess, to accept,
Amongst thy dearest relics to be kept.
Edmund Spenser's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Amoretti XXII: This Holy Season by Edmund Spenser )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Waiting for unknown, sultan mahmud
- SYNC 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- First meeting, Kristopher DeLander
- Hope, Kristopher DeLander
- Silence Is A Beauty To Endure, Monk E. Biz
- Home, Kindred velarde
- Why? Why? Why?, Praghyanjali Pal
- I Cannot At Will Summon The Tone Of Beauty, Shalom Freedman
- O, God, Neela Nath
- The Seed of Greatness, Silas Egbowon