Along the Beach
Thick blackness strangled all other light;
As sea winds blew across the sand;
Crabs, scuttling left and right;
Crabs, scuttling left and right,
And sea foam strained to be on land.
The sound of soft footsteps penetrated the silence;
The rustling of a skirt brushing the ground;
Reflections on her eyed sparkled like diamonds;
Her eyes sparkled like diamonds,
As she walked across the endless mounds.
The graceful lady glided;
She had never-ending charm;
So o'er the sandy dunes they guided;
O'er the dunes they guided,
Into her lover's waiting arms
They embraced for a moment, but she said, 'I cannot stay.'
So from him she withdrew;
Then left him at the break of day;
She left him at the break of day,
And was directed back down desolate dunes.
Her eyes were again like sapphires;
Her hair was a flowing waterfall;
But her head showed really how tired;
Her head showed how tired,
And her fingers clutched at her shawl.
As she crossed back, dune by dune,
Suddenly came into view,
A thick white cloud down from the moon;
A cloud down from the moon,
When it was gone, she was gone too.
Where she went, nobody knew;
But one thing was for sure;
He, too was gone as the first daytime wind blew,
He was gone as the first wind blew,
But his memory still stands waiting there.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Along the Beach by Jane Lundgren )
- Invisible Walls, S. I. Rednow
- COPLA 108 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- FALLING FEATHER, shannon strauss
- I Found Favor In A Lake, mohamed Alpha Ba
- A Direful Day, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Black Reign, Singleton M. Tate
- I Will Keep On Praying, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.18, Monk E. Biz
- I regret nothing, but I invest in what c.., Mandolyn ...
- Steve Jobs, Saiom Shriver