What shall I become when I will be gone?
Loosing myself in thin air; but alone,
Lonely days are so hard to endure,
Watching this world all by myself I abhor.
One evening; I sat by the lake,
Carefully listening to the birds chirping
But in the crowd,
Leaves were falling from the trees lay huddled,
Jealous wind blew them further;
Some in the water,
Some scraping on to the stone,
One on my feet came crawling by all alone,
Torn body, dying out of breath she said
'What shall I become when I will be gone? '
Took her in my hand walked slowly towards the tree
From which she had fell,
Raveling them one by one searching for a place to paste her,
Thousands of leaves fell and I lost her in the crowd,
Upon my face was a smile
As I yelled her name aloud,
Her name echoed back in my ear
Leaving me befuddled!
Laughter widened my face
Watching dead leaves on the ground lie huddled,
Wind blew them again and I further laughed,
Her name echoed back again and again
Only she didn't know mine!
Watching this world all alone I was just doing fine!
rahul mandal's Other Poems
Topic(s): free verse
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Alone by rahul mandal )
- Imagining Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Hunted, Mae AC.
- 13 April 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 7 Aprl 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 25 March 2014, Shri R Brahma
- Walking the Dog, Kaila George
- Assimilating Thoughts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 17 March 2014, Shri R Brahma
- An Ode To Odes Of Olde (Love & Woe), Tad Russell
- 15 March 2014, Shri R Brahma
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)