Mark R Slaughter
Alone - I think I need a place alone.
After all, alone is being free - alone
From all the other lonely souls.
Oh to live alone in only solitude;
I'll plot a course alone for rectitude,
So then corruption will desist: so
Alone, the prodding by detractors won't exist!
Alone, I'll cry; sink alone to depths of
Solitude that only are achieved alone.
I'll be relieved, alone - received alone by me;
Peek at my reflection in the pond - alone to see.
When alone I have no love to seek, or fear
Of ending up alone from being jilted:
Laughing at the alter; me alone; 'Dear oh dear'
To hear them say, 'Now he's alone – tilted
Forward at the brink - like us, he'll be alone.'
Copyright Mark R Slaughter 2009
Alone alone alone alone alone alone alone alone alone alone
Mark R Slaughter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Alone by Mark R Slaughter )
Did you read them?
- 15 April 2014, Shri R Brahma
- because you doubted it, RIC S. BASTASA
- The curving world's edge (Passion Sonnet), Gert Strydom
- Could My Calm Coax You, Susan Lacovara
- At times we are only set on passing (Ame.., Gert Strydom
- The Implementation Is Seldom Unchanged, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Clean India Campaign, Dr John Celes
- Holy Journey, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- MISSION, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Life's Numbers, Randy McClave
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)