Mark R Slaughter
Alone - I think I need a place alone.
After all, alone is being free - alone
From all the other lonely souls.
Oh to live alone in only solitude;
I'll plot a course alone for rectitude,
So then corruption will desist: so
Alone, the prodding by detractors won't exist!
Alone, I'll cry; sink alone to depths of
Solitude that only are achieved alone.
I'll be relieved, alone - received alone by me;
Peek at my reflection in the pond - alone to see.
When alone I have no love to seek, or fear
Of ending up alone from being jilted:
Laughing at the alter; me alone; 'Dear oh dear'
To hear them say, 'Now he's alone – tilted
Forward at the brink - like us, he'll be alone.'
Copyright Mark R Slaughter 2009
Alone alone alone alone alone alone alone alone alone alone
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Alone by Mark R Slaughter )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Allegorose: Children - Life's Most Preci.., Dr John Celes
- Mandelstam's Ghost Returns Too Early, mary douglas
- OUR MOSQUES ARE GREAT PLACES, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Blue Distances Don't Make Me Cry the Way.., mary douglas
- Capture the Beauty, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- 'My true love', Wolfie Scott
- I Am the True Giselle She Said, She Did .., mary douglas
- Azul, mary douglas
- My Revenge, John Ugolo Umah
- 'Savior', Wolfie Scott