Bijay Kant Dubey
All Calling Themselves Poets Here, God, Save Me From Indian English Poets And Poetesses! I Mean The Duplicate Writers!
O, gentleman what do you think yourself?
Said he in rsponse to my question,
Hey, you Wordsworth
Then where are your friends,
I mean Shelley, Coleridge and Keats!
You, gentlewoman, what are you?
Said she, I am Emily Dickinson
And hearing it, exclaiimed I,
O my God, so full of poets,
So many poets and poetesses abound in
Here in India,
World-class poets and poetesses,
God-gifted organ voices,
O my God, I see!
Indian English poetry full of such personalities,
One calling oneself Wordsworth while another Keats,
One Shelley while another Coleridge,
One Tennyson while another Arnold,
One Hopkins while another Hardy,
One One Browning another Rossetti,
One Sylvia Plath another Judith Wright,
One T.S.Eliot another Ezra Pound,
One W.B.Yeats while another Lawrence,
One John Masefield while another Walter de la Mare.
Again, stepping a furlong, I could trace them,
Yea, met I Robert Herrick,
English not, Indian Robert Herrick of Indian English poetry,
Thomas Wyatt, michael Drayton, Edmund Spenser,
Elizabethan not, Indian sonneteers and song-writers,
Labouring to produce unnaturally,
Full of Indianness and Indianism,
Reciting like the texts in vernaculars,
Maybe they the incarnated ones,
Dead in the British isles,
But born again in India.
I just had been passing through to be acquainted with
The poets and poetesses waiting outside
To rejoin the seminar session
And to my astonishment, found I,
Re-traced back my Milton,
Who told about his poetry,
But not the burning of the midnightly lantern.
But I am sorry to say I cold not William Blake
I could not Thomas Gray writing his Elegy somewhere
In a graveyard,
I could not Auden of The Unknown Citizen!
God, God, O God, save me, save me from
Indian English poets and poetesses,
The egoistic and hypocritical fellows,
Mentally ill people,
God, save me, save me, God!
If all become poets and poetesses, who will read the poems,
If all become they,
The great poets of India!
Bijay Kant Dubey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (All Calling Themselves Poets Here, God, Save Me From Indian English Poets And Poetesses! I Mean The Duplicate Writers! by Bijay Kant Dubey )
Did you read them?
- sterilization process of our modern system, Anthony Cavuoti
- Kopje onder, Madrason writer
- five past three, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Trapdoor, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Gans Veer, Madrason writer
- Be What You Are, Lilly Emery
- The abrupt end., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Native land., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Believe in Yourself Worth, Lilly Emery
- Odd One Out, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns