The sun shatters the window pane
They say it is the heat from the rays of the sun
Hey! admit to it, it is broken
The flower blossomed and before it could make me smile, it withers
Its rustle in my hands feels like bare earth
They say it is the global warming, that it is that time of the year
Yet it leaves me broken
The plight of motherhood she faces alone
Yet she hears them say she is weak
A man does the same, they say he is strong
Ain't we all broken?
The child has no one, I told her she is broken
She said she has always had it broken and wouldn't know if she wants it fixed.
Who will tell her she is broken?
The moon is the second choice I have to lite my path
Coming second I ask her if that gets her broken.
My hands unstable as I scribe whether it is wrong to write about all that is broken
My deepest fear gets the most of me If I do not admit to being broken
Don't we all have our reasons for being broken?
Too many shadows in my room and corners in my mind
The silence becoming so deafening
The noise brings the peace ever since it all got broken.
yewande adedokun's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (All Broken by yewande adedokun )
- Charcoal Sketch, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- It's End, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Feisty seed of love, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Precious Corral Of your Heart, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- The son's gratitude, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love all ones is a myth., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Mixture Of Interior Knowledge, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Like normal man, hasmukh amathalal
- ~The Place Where Dreams Die~, E Nigma
- They all, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)