All About Silence
Silence keeps me mum
Like a hermit’s early dawn
Suffocating the sanguine sun in winter.
The baseless time of living
Gets overwhelmed with suffocation
In the memory of my longing
For life, love and liberty.
In the pictorial history
Of a serene morning
Gleams letter of longevity
Of an unknown soul.
Since the very dawn of civilization
Man has been searched by the gipsy time
To come across his poetic self
Of a lofty realization.
Now obsolete noises
Are yawning in the lonely lawn
Of a dilapidated house
To seek a dazzling sun
Amid the clouds of
Agony and despair of a primordial sky.
Looking beyond the upsurge
of ardent desire
In my solitary chamber
I feel often the sting of silence
To look for eternal tranquillity
Deciphering my inner identity.
Soubhagyabanta Maharana's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (All About Silence by Soubhagyabanta Maharana )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Learning Essence Of A Poet, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Beauty Unseen, Khairul Ahsan
- Down to Earth, moez meftah
- Away she went, moez meftah
- I Need A Reason To Live Your Dream, Asma Riaz Khan
- tera didar wo, Yashvardhan Goel
- My bloody heart!, Vinaya Joseph
- Cobwebs, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Gifts of Aging, Liilia Talts Morrison
- You Will...! ! !, Asma Riaz Khan