Alf’s Third Bit
DOLE THE BELL! BELL THE DOLE!
Whom can these duds attack?
Soapy Sime? Slipp'ry Mac?
Naught but a shirt is there
Such as the fascists wear,
Never the man inside
Moving a nation-wide
Disgust with hokum.
Plenty to right of 'em,
Plenty to left of 'em,
Yeh! What is left of 'em,
See how they take it all, .
Down there in Clerkenwall
Readin' th' pypers!
Syrup and soothing dope,
Sure, they can live on hope,
Ain't yeh got precedent ?
Ten years and twelve years gone,
Ten more and nothing done,
GOD save Britannia!
Ezra Pound's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Alf’s Third Bit by Ezra Pound )
Did you read them?
- An ugly sniper, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- AAA, Vera Sidhwa
- my love to you is simple, James Berth
- Ebola, Stephen Wylie
- To the occupied lands' people, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- colorblind, James Berth
- Why Didn't They Meet?, Lora Colon
- Longing for Love, Brenda Harris
- closed shop, lee fones
- Gentle Night The wick Has Burned, Is It Poetry
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A child said, What is the grass?, Walt Whitman
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)