The Octain is an invented verse form
begins and ends the poem with the same word.
It was created by Lillian Mathilda Svenson.
The defining features of the Octain are:
an octastich, a poem in 8 lines.
syllabic,2-4-6-8-8-6-4-3 syllables per line. Not a typo, the last line takes 3 syllables
but the last word must be the same as the first.
rhymed or unrhymed. If it is rhymed the rhyme scheme is AbcdbcdA
Crow called its clan
On finding water pot
On a parapet wall nearby
Crows flew in atonce and began
Fighting and broke the pot
Lo, to wait dry
Indira Renganathan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Alankar(Decor) -148 by Indira Renganathan )
- when i inhaled you, Mandolyn ...
- A Crazy Noisy Bird, Wasim Akram
- ZZ The Many Ways Soldiers Die, Saiom Shriver
- Lately, Dominique Lamboy
- MY WORDS AND HER WORDS كلماتي و كلماتها, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Drawing Inspiration, Tony Adah
- Bumblebees Bibbing, Saiom Shriver
- Tum Muze Kaha Pyar Dete Ho, ravipal bharshankar
- When He's Not Here, Lora Colon
- Charlotte Old Times (The Cure), B.. Alexander