An animal face in the brown green
Glows shyly to me, the bushes smolder.
Very far away an old fountain sings
With children's voices. I listen there.
The wild jackdaws mock me
And all around the birches veil themselves.
I stand silent before a weed fire
And softly pictures paint themselves on it,
An ancient fairytale of love on golden ground.
The clouds spread their silence on the hill.
From the ghostly pond-mirror
Fruits beckon, shining and heavy.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Age by Georg Trakl )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- beware of false friends, Micron
- Madhubala, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Birthday poem, Wala' Qamhieh
- If you want to be my inspirer, Elius Rubby
- Being in love, Sahra Hussein
- Walk On!, Shweta Nair
- My Father, Sahra Hussein
- Crime against humanity (a prose poem), paul bamberger
- Serenity Later Prayer, Joseph DeMarco
- starlings display team, lee fones
- Extinction is Forever, Joseph DeMarco
- What Is Poetry To Adil?, Bijay Kant Dubey