An old path goes along
Near wild gardens and lonesome walls.
Thousand-year-old yews shudder
In the rising falling chant of the wind.
The moths dance as if they would die soon,
My glance drinks weeping the shadows and lights.
Far away women's faces float
Ghostly painted in the blue.
A smile trembles in the sunshine,
Meanwhile I slowly stride on;
Unending love gives escort.
Quietly the hard rock greens.
Georg Trakl's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Along Walls by Georg Trakl )
- Time Chases Me, Neela Nath
- Elimination, Hans Raj Sharma
- We have come thru..., bill costley
- The elements of loss, nick feiner
- Lives short lived, nick feiner
- Waiting to bloom, nick feiner
- Woman Or Mermaid?, Marcondes Pereira
- Gliding through life, nick feiner
- Angels and Demons, nick feiner
- Love is, hasmukh amathalal