Christian K. Montiel
After you left me.
After you left me.
I though that everything was going to be all right after you were gone from my life but this morning I woke with you in my mind and I want to call you back but they cut my phone last night so now I don’t know what do.
Running in the street looking for way to find you close too me but you live too far away from me and I don’t have any money to ride the bus that would get me close to your home.
So now is just this bottle of whisky and this empty pages in my book where I feel like I’m going to write about you, but I don’t know I guess I have no light just this candle light that is about to die lonely like me into the night.
I light a cigarette and take sip and I lay back and I look to the mirror and I see how miserable I look since I don’t have you and I guess is since you left me alone because you got fed up of feeling alone, so I guess the best is to let you go so you can find the love that you were looking for.
Christian K. Montiel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (After you left me. by Christian K. Montiel )
- Returning from the Broken Mirror Myth, Gabriel Sumon
- Tour Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- ZZ Animals Flunk These 2014 Candidates, Saiom Shriver
- my pool days, lee fones
- Enough is enough, Pat Raia
- A list of the most stupid things said to.., Mae AC.
- Cherry on Top Sundries Shoppe, Steve Kittell
- Contemporary-time Indian English Poets A.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Importance of compassion, gajanan mishra
- A Flower Which Dreams, Rohit Sapra
Poem of the Day
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Eldorado, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
Ernest Christopher Dowson
(2 August 1867 – 23 February 1900)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)