A world without man
Can’t exist in its vastness
A dream undreamed
When great cities are quarries
And nights are utter horror
Mother elephant trumpeting
Survival to day
In a time that is godless
Phase is seasons of the vain
Will it be better
When storms blow without warning
And love is absent
When rivers flow and fish wake
Words are echoes of the past.
We are not to know
As humanity is silenced
Savannah grass and lions’ pride
Will continue unexpressed
No one will hear love’s echo
oskar hansen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (After Us by oskar hansen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Capitalist List Esteem Apex Peak Cut Down, Terence G. Craddock
- A million sparkling rainbows, Nick Kler
- selah, don't say la la la..., Mandolyn ...
- Ego Rulers Built Massive Monuments, Terence G. Craddock
- Capitalistic Perceived Important People, Terence G. Craddock
- here's an itty bitty bite, Mandolyn ...
- Remember Me (Dedicated 2 those that have.., Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- school lunch woes and whoa it's healthy!, Mandolyn ...
- lack of caffeine means this, Mandolyn ...
- Happy Birthday Son, Rowina M Mallick