Sweaty cloud mold an oval shape,
in the midst of a sunny day.
Locust descends on the field to weed off
mama's hum as they lay the ridge;
rain drops dance to the tune.
At the dawn of springtime,
gracious plants jolly on alleyway,
perpetual herbs blossom at airy bay,
enlightened fruits glow in freewill hut,
sturdy tuber's assemble onward village square,
briskly legumes jump into the moving train;
Merry birds yodel as they migrate east coast;
funky toads copulate across main street;
swaggy frogs get high on free cocoa,
west of zuma rock;
Israel Nnaji's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Adjacent Eldorado by Israel Nnaji )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Algernon Charles Swinburne
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Sir Walter Scott
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Tales Of A Wife: Honeymoon, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Guard well, gajanan mishra
- The Photographer, Ravikumar C.P.
- Tuavatara!, Ravikumar C.P.
- Mystery Caller, Ravikumar C.P.
- Do, my dear, gajanan mishra
- Cinders of Life, Tim Labbe
- Aiy Mere Khuda Aiy Mere Khuda, Akhtar Jawad
- State of being, Ravikumar C.P.
- Flight, S.Michael Kozubek