Bent on the edge, revived on the inside;
reason can be computed, Lord's blessings is infinite.
Under the darkness of delusion, just wake up and breath high.
In my subconscious mind, I checkmate to rewind;
foolproof, getting in the flow, I scroll,
in timeless processor, soon to be predecessor,
admonish your successor, to shy away from the ways
and means of the oppressor, and reach for the open doors.
Went down memory lane, am gonna share mine;
without headway, we aim to find easy way to same end;
back to base, rundown, underestimated, I contemplated, meditated.
We seek admiration, and put too much concentration;
seeking affirmation, from folks who expect stagnation;
never go extra mile to impress naysayers;
cause when you become depress, they will jest on express;
If you digress in distress; push on,
live for God, and not for the world,
and reach for the open doors.
To dine and wine under their vine;
they make you an offer, thinking you won't refuse;
I no longer conform, cause I was transformed;
Now I reach for the open doors.
Theophilius Nnaji's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Open Doors by Theophilius Nnaji )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- The Story Of Grandpa, Taiko
- Love Note 15, Michael P. McParland
- Poetry Heaven, Kim Barney
- Thank You My Love, Margaret Alice Second
- My Dream, Michael P. McParland
- joshua trees hopping in the trunk of the.., Mandolyn ...
- my lovely lovely wife, Rasheed Alqahas
- Four Leaf Clover, Eve White
- Eric Gone Postal, Eve White
- Half-Breed or Racist, Eve White