A wand to poke the clouds
If I had one long wand
That reached far up to the sky
Would have poked it in the cloudland
Can't see the earth so dry!
Can't see the earth so dry
Scarred and deeply hurt
If I had a wand to poke the sky
Would have torn the clouds apart!
The parched earth is crying for rain
The soil is a desert track
Need a long wand to break open
The clouds to heal the crack!
The peasant is waiting on his tilled ground
May not his toil go waste
It's time for the clouds to be earthbound
Save the season's harvest!
O god give me a long magic wand
To dispel this summer's looming curse
Force the stubborn clouds to melt and disband
Come down on earth as showers!
Pradip Chattopadhyay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A wand to poke the clouds by Pradip Chattopadhyay )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Think of no dark, hasmukh amathalal
- Paper and Scissors, Kevin Patrick
- Feel equally, hasmukh amathalal
- Long time friend, Angel A. Lockwood
- Slaves Into A New World Order, Terence G. Craddock
- Magritte and This Morning Bewick's Wren, W.M. Rivera
- I Wish You Well, Midnights Voice
- Change, Sandra Feldman
- Bengal Tiger in Trouble, rohan bendre
- Think Before You Speak, Sandra Feldman