A wand to poke the clouds
If I had one long wand
That reached far up to the sky
Would have poked it in the cloudland
Can't see the earth so dry!
Can't see the earth so dry
Scarred and deeply hurt
If I had a wand to poke the sky
Would have torn the clouds apart!
The parched earth is crying for rain
The soil is a desert track
Need a long wand to break open
The clouds to heal the crack!
The peasant is waiting on his tilled ground
May not his toil go waste
It's time for the clouds to be earthbound
Save the season's harvest!
O god give me a long magic wand
To dispel this summer's looming curse
Force the stubborn clouds to melt and disband
Come down on earth as showers!
Pradip Chattopadhyay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A wand to poke the clouds by Pradip Chattopadhyay )
Did you read them?
- Clocks, fiona sinclair
- Day Tripper, fiona sinclair
- Internet Dating, fiona sinclair
- Precious life it is!, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Family portrait, fiona sinclair
- Post dated appointment, fiona sinclair
- Moody hopes, Chai Amos
- About your mother's face, fiona sinclair
- When The Palmist Said, You Will Have Two.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Slow Burner, fiona sinclair
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)