Emmanuel George Cefai
A Villa With Few Rooms
a villa with few rooms
rustic to the root and core
will I perching over a hill
want where the cool autumn comes to rest itself
where the cool autumn comes to rest itself
a fragrance strange abounds hangs all around
the air is wholesome like baking bread
or mutton or pudding:
the heart pumps blood serene
hate flees away invisible
and there is happiness
though the cool autumn comes to rest itself
in this agreeable place and home
some-time yearn I too
for a long winter full of drizzling rain
morning and afternoon
then as the red dusk sets
thunder and lightning’s long fingers
over the hills above the village small
can I see, I want to see
from the casement as rain half-blinds
half-obstacles the view.
The chill of the thunder-clap
The thrill in every marrow
I want to feel
And feeling this I feel
The richest and the happiest in this world.
Awhile the cool autumn cometh to rest itself.
Emmanuel George Cefai's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Villa With Few Rooms by Emmanuel George Cefai )
Did you read them?
- Am An African, Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- Invisible Walls, S. I. Rednow
- COPLA 108 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- FALLING FEATHER, shannon strauss
- I Found Favor In A Lake, mohamed Alpha Ba
- A Direful Day, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Black Reign, Singleton M. Tate
- I Will Keep On Praying, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.18, Monk E. Biz
- I regret nothing, but I invest in what c.., Mandolyn ...