Emmanuel George Cefai
Emmanuel George Cefai Poems
- A Barge Mysterious In The Thic...
- Send Us Minerva A Wiser Man Th... Send us Minerva a wiser ...
- The Short Path The short path To the sea Hewn in the rock
- Sleep, Sleep, My Sweet One Sle... Sleep, sleep, my sweet one ...
- The Figure Of A Priest The Figure of a Priest with purple ...
- Hard Work! Hard work! Hard work! Condemned full All the ...
- You Have To Stretch Your Hands You have To stretch your ...
Emmanuel George Cefai born on the 12th March 1955 in Victoria, Gozo, Malta is a Maltese philosopher and poet who published first a number of philosophical critiques in the Daily News (in past years and formerly a daily newspaper in Malta) and where Cefai himself developed his own philosophical system. Cefai wrote the poems published in Poem Hunter chiefly between 2004 and 2006. Emmanuel George Cefai graduated as Doctor of Laws from the Faculty of Laws in the University of Malta in 1977. The lyrical poems of Cefai contain a variety of emotions, from joy to sadness, from elation to depression, as well as deep thought and verses of sheer beauty. Cefai can indeed be called a poet of ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
A Barge Mysterious In The Thick Of Night
A barge mysterious in the thick of night
Sailed slowly to the somber shore
Beneath the ramparts of the dreaming fort
How silent how austere how still
The lapping of the waves against the barge.
Whence is the barge coming in the night?
Whence did its journey start?
By night or day?
No reply came – and none in that still barge
Appeared to reply or move or breathe:
So horrid thin the stillness in the barge
The barge mysterious in the thick of night.
Anon near the shore it stopped awhile
And there without a pilot stood, without a hope