A Tribute to Our Friend, Our Sister Germaine Aldajuste
We lost our friend, our sister, our nightingale,
Our diva, who sang 'Ave Maria, Gratia Plena' so well.
Our sister took flight, our angel is gone
To the celestial horizon; listen to the shadow of her footsteps.
Our angel had a contagiously pleasant smile on her lips.
Our sister was friendly, helpful, dedicated and cheerful.
She was very religious and kinder than the roses of the season.
Our friend is gone, where the sun shines plentifully,
Where the moon brightens the meadows and pastures brilliantly,
And the starry skies twinkle majestically.
Thousands of angels accompany her to a velvety soil,
Thousands of rainbows await her. What a phenomenon!
Ave Maria! May God bless her! We all feel the pain
Of losing a sister, who has endured patiently and courageously.
Hebert Logerie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Tribute to Our Friend, Our Sister Germaine Aldajuste by Hebert Logerie )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- 'A mess', Wolfie Scott
- Let's Think About Humanity, Prodip Kumar
- On My Father's Yortsayt, Abraham Sutzkever
- The Bottom Line, Abraham Sutzkever
- Inside Me, Abraham Sutzkever
- नोँनि हाइनायाव, Bahadur Basumatary
- Paris 1988, Abraham Sutzkever
- Remembrances Of Others, Abraham Sutzkever
- Everything But God, Anne Pierson Wiese
- All Night Long, Anne Pierson Wiese