A Thing of Beauty
Keats once claimed that beauty
Shall always be a joy.
But how—I ask—can this, then, be—
When beauty often fades?
What, then, is the source of beauty?
Shall that e’er fade away?
If no more beauty we can see—
Does that joy go away?
I say that beauty lies in the soul—
Not always in the face.
When – with joy—a heart is full
Can beauty ever fade?
Paige Scott's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Thing of Beauty by Paige Scott )
- Unseen water, Pintu Mahakul
- _Erato my Muse of love poetry, Erato
- AN EMOTIONAL STORY I COULDN'T TELL, Godspower Oshodin
- Shift and Drift, Aftab Alam
- Rivalry is humane to time, Ajala Samuel Akindele
- Certain attitudes to be followed by the .., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Sorry-Wrong Number, Aftab Alam
- Gripes of. Freedom, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Jesus Of Nazareth, Naveed Khalid
- Keebored Problems, Phil Soar