A Tearful Pirate's Confession
I do run with pirates,
perhaps unlike imagined.
Believe it or not,
I am ship Chaplain!
Blood thirsty and wild,
always ball and cappin'!
I'm not a shooter,
especially not the Captain,
I really am their Holy
the ship Chaplain.
They run wild, they rape
and they live for pillage,
most return to ship after
there is no more village.
At night they seem to return
to their senses, in dreams,
all the blood and the loss,
haunting them severely it seems.
They stumble into my room,
deep into their dark nights,
they are looking for solace,
a place away from their frights.
They are rough, tough
and as rugged as they come,
but each has a spark,
hidden deeply, like a Sun!
They come, they confess,
they worry about Hell,
they come, they cry,
a long horrid tale to tell.
We talk about youth
and a few nice memories,
They had few that loved them,
that cared, very sad histories.
We speak of a new world, one not so hard,
a distant hope,
that resonates with their internal Spark,
makes it easier to cope.
We talk of mothers up in heaven,
and kids still pure, animals,
dreams, learning, peace,
a world maybe for next time
after their release...
It reminds them that deep inside
there must still be one drop DIVINE...
When it does come forth
ALL will be beyond fine!
(for full effect, read this listening to 'trembling hands' acoustic version by, The Temper Trap-it rolls like the sea)
Mr. Nobody's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Tearful Pirate's Confession by Mr. Nobody )
Did you read them?
- आं उन्दुबाय, Ronjoy Brahma
- The girl of great beauty was not to be s.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- The lost love, nancy cullen
- जोमैया मोसायो, Ronjoy Brahma
- Fracturing Minds, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Migrants Plight, Paul Sebastian
- Sharing Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Human in art, hasmukh amathalal
- Legacy Of Goodness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Snowflakes, Wani Rahil
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- City That Does Not Sleep, Federico García Lorca
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(July 15 1964)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(21 May 1855 – 27 November 1916)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1644 - 1694)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)