Waltz For Zizi
A Story Of Myself And Why
Why is the rain diluting her image, in my memories of her?
Why is the wind pushing me like a kite,
far from the warmth of her delicate arms?
Why is the sun blinding me, when I wish to adore her lovely shape?
Why is the world so big, when I need her hand to comfort my heart?
Why are the ocean's waves not crushing her ship, on my island's lonely shores,
but instead sailing her,
in the direction of another's lips?
Why are the clouds hiding the blue color of her eyes?
Why is the world determined to hide her from me?
Why can't she shape her heart by my love?
Why is it that I have so many questions without answers,
and why am I burdening myself with love
and the clouds with dreams?
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Story Of Myself And Why by Waltz For Zizi )
- Anti-depressant, Steve Lang
- My Hometown., Tony Adah
- O Come Sit By Me Awhile, Julian Mann
- How to Fall in Love, Wojciech D Kolesnik
- Flying bird, gajanan mishra
- What is the Grass?, Lee Ann Brown
- Some poets are there, gajanan mishra
- The Gamekeeper, David Lewis Paget
- Observing Teenagers, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Promises, Saul hernandez
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Blow, Blow, Thou Winter Wind, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Unborn, Sharon Olds
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)