Waltz For Zizi
A Story Of Herself And Why
Why are you burdening yourself with love, my love?
Why do you not give up,
if all you get from me is rain?
Why are you struggling to love me still,
if my heart cannot be shaped by your love?
Why do you keep dragging me, in your poems and memories?
Why do your lips await only for me,
if this world is full of beauties
that easily surpass mine?
Why do you tune your heart by my love
if my love is meant for someone else?
Why do you not accept my choice to love another man,
if you love me as you say?
Why are you being a fool and
in front of me and the world?
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Story Of Herself And Why by Waltz For Zizi )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou