A Shy Smile
Yesterday, I sat by my friend side;
Listening to her whimpering of the savage life,
Tears filled her eyes, sobs gushed in her throat,
I held her close whispering sweet consoling words to her ear,
Till her lips trembled swiftly
Showing a shy smile at corners of her mouth.
Today, I am sitting alone
With none by my side, nor my friend of last night.
But I don’t blame her,
For she is no longer alive!
Tears filled my eyes, sobs gushed in my throat.
I breathed sweet consoling words in the air,
My lips trembled swiftly,
Showing a shy smile at corners of my mouth.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Shy Smile by inas essa )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- The Heart Of A Poet, arshad arshad
- Have You Seen The Bizarre And Grotesque .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Know Like Flowing Water, Naveed Akram
- Elvis Presley, lee fones
- Catching fish, gajanan mishra
- How Do They Play The Wooden 'Been' Instr.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Dogs' country, Daisy Pereira
- Pestle and Mortar, Francie Lynch
- I must strike, gajanan mishra
- Yaadein...Your Memories, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi