It's a Puzzle
Is not my friend any more
She has secrets from me
And goes about with Tracy Hacket
I would get her back,
Only do not want to say so.
So I pretend
To have secrets from her
And go about with Alice Banks
But what bothers me is,
Maybe she is pretending
And would like me back
Only does not want to say so.
In which case
Maybe it bothers her
That I am pretending.
But if we are both pretending,
Then really we are friends
And do not know it.
On the other hand,
How can we be friends
And have secrets from each other
And go about with other people?
Is not my friend any more,
Unless she is pretending.
I cannot think what to do.
It is a puzzle.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (It's a Puzzle by Allan Ahlberg )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- The Girls And Their Peep Hole, Is It Poetry
- '' You're No Better Than Us '', bri mar
- Becoming Part Of Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Nineteen Years Since Your Passing, Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthe ..
- Life and Death, Rimni chakravarty
- No living is in vain, gajanan mishra
- Insomniac's, Is It Poetry
- Chemistry, gajanan mishra
- Many a bride dreams of this night., Sandra Lynn
- Why the change?, Sandra Lynn