A Shoulder To Cry Upon
Always ready to listen, without making judgment,
you have been supportive when I am feeling alone.
Whenever I call, you're available when I am in need;
you become the shoulder I can lean upon for help.
And a place of comfort to weep and say how I feel,
when the sun goes down on your perfume face,
disappointment drilled into the today's confession
I see the future has much to do with our conversation.
And often when I am too weak, I fall asleep too;
rumors are everywhere that you can't let me go.
Maybe some day, people will see the true picture,
and find out later that they've made a big mistake.
If you tell me to leave I will feel totally crush,
those moments of uncertainty hurt me as much.
Tomorrow I will come back looking for you
to celebrate the way you made things look new.
You have a right to keep me away locked outside
many will not see what it's like to be with you inside,
There's nothing wrong with discretion, if we stay,
with each other in love for many more days.
The next time I wake up and feel lonely without you,
I will write a letter and keep it by the bedsit table.
To remind me of the support you always make available,
until you fall upon my shoulders and I read them to you.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Shoulder To Cry Upon by Gerry Legister )
- Malaria, hasmukh amathalal
- The life we have lived, Goodenough Sakhile Dlamini
- At our will, hasmukh amathalal
- See the fishes, hasmukh amathalal
- Two Become One, Loide V Augustinus
- Your Sweetness, Loide V Augustinus
- Why do you mock at my love, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Drifting Away, Loide V Augustinus
- The Eminent Reign, kyvin nash
- If you failed to, gajanan mishra