Not even a crow should know
what now in you I confide
turning his voice too low
he drew him closer to his side.
The listener strained his ears hard
nodded his head in assent
he wouldn't divulge one word
of the secret shared that moment.
Soon his face started showing crease
his belly bulged like balloon
he started feeling ill at ease
the burden was no boon.
He told his wife what now I say
not be passed to another ear
mustn't see the light of day
keep to yourself only my dear.
The secret did her badly tease
made her silent morose
she couldn't breathe without release
must tell someone her close.
The secret spread like forest fire
were talking too many men
winds breathed it in the air
sun shone on it poured rain!
Pradip Chattopadhyay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Secret by Pradip Chattopadhyay )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- My Friend Forever, Margaret Alice Second
- Sometimes I am afraid, BrokenHeartPheko Motaung
- সময়(Time), Avik Datta Gupta
- Lieu Time, Francie Lynch
- When The Heart Bleeds, Tondana Fatimah Seebaway
- Many Crooked Cops are Shooting and Killing, Hebert Logerie
- My First Love, Tondana Fatimah Seebaway
- To Record What Is Kept, Naveed Akram
- Rumour, Humphrey Bryant
- BLACK SHEEP, Bironga Chadwick