A Sea Of Blue
Soft, fresh leaves that touch my skin,
As I walk through the Bluebell Wood.
Stirring memories, deep within,
Of happy days, when all was good.
Dew drenched ground, beneath my feet,
A path we took, so often then.
With scent so sweet, of Bluebells picked,
Oh, to be that girl again.
Distant echoes, with me now,
Of childhood friends, who've now moved on.
I hear them laugh, the fun we had,
The past is here, but they are gone.
I wander through, that sea of blue,
Then kneel, to touch the stems of green,
So many times, I picked for you,
A bunch for Mum, my special Queen.
Then off I go, and head for home,
I'll leave you now, and keep you safe.
A memory held, a memory loved,
My perfect scene, my special place.
Jayne Davies's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Sea Of Blue by Jayne Davies )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Death Of A Naturalist, Seamus Heaney
Poem of the Day
- Racquets in Two-More, douglas scotney
- Life is drizzling, Amit Mathur
- Out Of My Head, Anuradha Singh
- Revealing life in Death, Angell Afinowi
- The Jujube Tree And Me, Madathil Nair
- AM HOOKED IN YOUR TRUE LOVE., Changez Ndzai
- Coffee And Cream Chocolates, Michael P. McParland
- Bless You Tonight, Michael P. McParland
- You at the Center, rosalinda flores rosevoc
- Odia Poem- Brukshya Debata, Jitendra seth